Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

Latest Posts

Main Forums

Fabletop

Support

Report a Bug

Can no longer load characters @ almost any table

honigdachs Nov '20  /  edited Nov '20
(This is the most recent paragraph) FALSE ALARM: The error is actually a failure to send. Something on my internet is blocking the completion of the sent request. Server side completes it, but will not get a response back after replying, which is why the character will load in fine, but won't load in for me. I had to turn on a VPN for my character to appear again on my side. Nothing wrong with the code.

Actions I took before this occurred was using a mobile device that ran fabletop using the app browser known as Brave. On Brave, I had attempted to load a character in without realizing Brave is an app browser that attempts to turn HTTP sites to HTTPS. When the character failed to load in properly and the page became frozen, I attempted to refresh the page. Now anytime my character is loaded into a table, it will no longer appear to have loaded on my end while will load fine for all external players on the same table. On the mobile specifically, it will always indicate an error saying js.script line 5189 or something along those lines (this was the initial error, now it merely long polls and I can no longer receive an error message after attempting to stay on the table and extensive amount of time with the "invisible" character. New characters can be made and then used the first time it's created, but upon attempting to recall the character after having it exit a player slot, the same issue will resume. This occurs on all tables that allow character creation except my own. I had attempted to test this issue even on an empty table which contained characters I had in the past created and the same error arose.

My browser version is: (do not change)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.66 Safari/537.36

Please log in to add a comment.