Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

Latest Posts

Main Forums

Fabletop

Support

Report a Bug

Own table is not loading (Might found solution)

trotrigar Aug '17
Alright. So i saw this problem at other players aswell.
The webiste works just prefectly, except for one thing: Your own table.
That happened to me, and i tried everything. Then i found some interesting stuff which might can cause the problem.
For first, i made a MINI called "Oné" (É-é is a hungarian letter, which is not supported by the website). After i made Oné, i realized that Oné made the site crazy, and it replaced the "É" with like 100000 other characters, but i ignored it, as "well, i just can't use one quick-mini slot out of 10, happens".
-Important part:-
BUT after this problem, i went into the source of the website, and it gave me an error named: Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token"
Next to it, it had a link saying "trotrigar:187". I clicked on it, and it directed my source window into a part which says:
(miniTemplates included, list of my minis, and "Oné" as the bugged file)
(If i move my cursor over "Oné" it says the same as the error making me unable to join to my own table, while everyone else can join)
(Why is that? Becaus i am the ONLY one having acces to my own MINIS so thats why the site just doesn't load only for me!)
(Get ready for the code, its very long because of "Oné")
miniTemplates: [{"name":"Power Crystal","notes":"Life 3, Attack 3, Teleport","color":"7C5DA7","fr 1, Attack 2","color":"846031","frame":14 1, Attack 2","color":"474747","frame":15 7, Attack 5","color":"647D3A","frame":63 'Mithril: Space Fantasy',
---
Please answer for this topic, as i think i found the solution of a common problem with this. Sorry if i didn't.

My browser version is: (do not change)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.90 Safari/537.36
trotrigar Aug '17
miniTemplates: [{"name":"Power Crystal","notes":"Life 3, Attack 3, Teleport","color":"7C5DA7","fr 1, Attack 2","color":"846031","frame":14 1, Attack 2","color":"474747","frame":15 7, Attack 5","color":"647D3A","frame":63 'Mithril: Space Fantasy',
trotrigar Aug '17  /  edited Aug '17
Hm... interestig, if i instert the code into the chat, it looks perfectly normal. Let me send a screenshot of what i see from the code i just responded:
imgur.com/ayRBLy5

(those characters are going endlessly long until i send the message which transforms it back into normal code)

P.S:
Another thing is, this happened right after i accidently tried to put my old Oné into the map again. Maybe a server reset caused Oné's strange "code" to transform into a static state where it is unrecognisable until i tried to use it again.

P.S2: I made an example of the HTML edit aswell
imgur.com/a/X8uTk
frost Aug '17
That's really odd. I just reset your mini data. Try loading your table now.
trotrigar Aug '17
Yes, that mini caused the problem. It's now working! Thank you very much!
oman1666 Aug '17
Is the lesson here that using non-standard characters in NPC names causes problems?
trotrigar Aug '17
yup
archerboy102 Apr '18
I'm having the same problem, could you reset mine aswell?
fenriswolf91 Jun '18
I also have a problem regarding my table and my profile. Most of the time I enter my table, I (and other players who try to play on it too) are stuck in an eternal loading loop. Closing and re-opening my browser (Maxthon, newest version, on Windows 10) does work for me, but not for others.

Same with my profile. I cannot edit or even view my description or look at my characters, follows, etc. because the screens are empty or greyed out.

This problem occurred first several months ago after while I took a hiatus from FT. Now I´m back and even with my crappy internet, would like to host once in a while, but it still doesn´t work correctly.

Thanks for any help or advice, Fenriswolf.
alkwyzheir Jun '18
How are you guys using non-standard mini's anyway? I don't even know what that is
oman1666 Jun '18
By 'non standard characters' I mean things like 'é' and other symbols not found in standard English.
i9mobile Nov '20
Aw, that's what's happening to me but I don't know how to fix it
oman1666 Nov '20
Hi i9mobile - unlike with trotigar's problem a few years ago, your table does load when I try to access it. So this might not be the same error.

If you think this error has been caused by using unsupported characters/letters in a miniature's name, please message the site admin, frost (www.fabletop.com/player/frost) and ask him to reset your miniatures.

If you don't think this relates to unusually named miniatures, please open a new thread under the 'report a bug' forum with some more information.

Thank you.

Please log in to add a comment.