Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

Latest Posts

Main Forums

Fabletop

Support

Report a Bug

Saving your table

dodan Mar '20
Can we add a feature where you can save your entire table, or seperate floors, so you could hold on to tables. I dont know how hard it would be to implement, but heres my idea.
lets say it'd be some format, for instance a .txt. it saves what size of floor it is, what tile number it is on the grid (lets say each tile on the grid has a number) and what name it has to /load or /list.
Is this possible, or been asked for often? couldn't find anything bout it and frankly, i lost 4hr of work and i'd like to make it again and then just save, export and import my maps.

Hope to see this feature in the future
greenranger9 Mar '20
There is the /save thing, that saves to your cookies.
dodan Mar '20
can you like, save the cookies?
oman1666 Mar '20
So the /save and /load features let you save and load locally.

This save is done to your browser cache. So won't work on different devices or a different browser, and can even be erased if you clear your cookies or internet history.

Unfortunately there is no known way to save across devices. With all development requests, I feel the need to remind the community that Fabletop is a labour of love by a single dude (Frost) who also has a full time job. It's therefore unlikely for big changes, such as how saving works, to be implemented.
dodan Mar '20
didn't know it was a one man show, but i'll keep that in mind then. might need to find a way to save cookies or cache then
rutniuf Mar '20
If you do, please post it here. I'd like to know as well.
dodan Mar '20  /  edited Mar '20
basically dont delet your cookies? ill check mozillas files of theres a cookie file. doubt it tho
edit: i found a file called cookiess.sqlite that is a file you can take and pull over through files. I'm trying to find out if it also automatically adapts to a new folder if put in it.
rutniuf Apr '20  /  edited Apr '20
A step in the right direction (I hope).
Edit (after reading update): Looks like we don't need that.
Edit (after reading update and your comment): Looks like it
frost Apr '20
Locking this topic.

Battlemats are saved and loaded from the server via /save and /load.

Please log in to add a comment.